PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: Futomakiman

futomakiman
02-06-2007, 03:06 AM
good luck to all...:)

futomakiman
02-08-2007, 04:27 AM
I'm still playing with the proportions and head shape--the only thing definite is the 'organic technology' direction.
http://www.pbase.com/futomakiman/image/74107269

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/futomakiman/sketches/?action=view&current=vanguard.jpg

Scotcho
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
He somehow looks like a giant to me... I really like the high-trap/no neck look, and I like the top left head the best. Whats the backstory on this guy?

futomakiman
02-10-2007, 01:41 AM
As far as scale, I'm plan to do some thumbnails this weekend to determine that...but I'm thinking no larger than 6'4" or so...

He's supposed to be humonaid in nature. Someone who's chosen the role of soldier/vanguard early in life in the name of his race. The suit/armor is genetically grown specifically for the wearer--Based on the wearer's genetic material, the suit has been augmented with other DNA material from other races/species to cater to the soldier's role. (i.e. some suits may have more armor plating, less weaponary for agility, etc.) Because it was grown from the wearer's dna, the soldier would have some sort of symbiotic connection but not reliance for each other. The suit would provide constant feedback on energy, damage and surroundings, etc...

Some of the abilities of the suit would be like the ability to extract oxygen from the air and convert it to hydrogen for grenades or fuel or something. Another would be an ability to take advantage of the mitocondria from other organisms and sap/draw their energy from them, fueling/feeding the suit--I imagine it could be used as a stealth weapon as well...almost like a vampire would draw blood from its' victim leaving them for dead.

In any case, I'm still working this out in my head...hopefully more will come...

FaR-SeeR
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
hey mate i only just stumbled upon this thread during a quick scan on the dominance war wip section... and thought ure concept looked great! :), but i then saw the last time that u posted, the 10th :'(... have u given up on the war? in any case continue with the model.. id like to see where this goes :)

best of luck

futomakiman
03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the kind words...as far as the dominance war is concerned...I'm out of that competition--since I missed the deadline...but I'm planning on finishing up the model regardless--as time permits. I'll keep you updated! Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.