PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: Sleepinglion

JacquesPena
02-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Shall we? :thumbsup: Good Luck Society.

Going to try and submit a concept tonight.

JacquesPena
02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Here is my concept for my Dominance Entry. Sketched it in Autodesk Sketchbook and colored in photoshop. The Idea behind my character is destruction and weapon proficency. With this concept, I will mold my image to the definition of destruction. Despite that she is female, she will be one to rekon with.

Here is Boom. My Entry.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_1.jpg

Redgrail
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow man sweet concept, she will one to rekon with holding that weapon. Good luck !!! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
02-08-2007, 08:36 AM
ey lion nice to see ya, have fun

dmonk
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
NIce Concept. I'm Looking forward to your entry.

JacquesPena
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Squibbit- Nice to hear from you again. I noticed you also joined
good luck. :thumbsup:

dmonk - I might tweak the concept a bit, weapon change and leg gear. I'll post it when I can.

Redgrail - Whats cool is the function of the weapon. I'm definetly going to show how it works.

ColdKodiak
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
hmmmm good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing how you adapt this to 3d. :)

eMysfit
02-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Looks pretty neat. I like the woosh effect of the hair coming out to a point heh. Would like to check out that weapon in more detail! I don't know if it's the same this year but last year they kinda frowned on anime style entries. Not sure if you were even going that route completely, but I just thought I'd throw that out there for you to check out or ask somebody who knows. I wouldn't worry too much though as long as it's not like cel shaded you'll probably be fine. Good Luck.

JacquesPena
02-09-2007, 11:45 AM
-ColdKodiak - Adapting shouldnt be a rpoblem, although the feel of the character may change based on the user. We'll see

-eMysfit - So far I havent come across that, even so if they frown upon anime style, so be it, guess I'm going to pull out even a bigger gun. Click:thumbsup:

But overall it shouldnt have a highly anime theme or feel, if so, then that would be corrected. This is more geared to a serious note, then a silly one.

I've updated my concept for my character, I brought out the big guns. Obviously I might take a few boom sticks away. Unless I have enough poly count to spare. When I first began this idea, i wanted a crazy girl with a boat load of weapons, a silly, kamikaze type girl who hurl grenades all over the place. But this is why we concept, to see what works or not. I wanted one main boom stick as her primary weapon, but we'll see. I may stop here and begin modeling.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_2.jpg

Airflow
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I have to say, I prefer the original gun..... Great work, on the whole - very Iria, which if you can infuse some Zeiram then I think she would be truly dangerous, though nice, she is far to cute.
Brilliant work.

SheriffNotic
02-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Great job so far, I'm digg'n this a lot. She looks like a little hell raiser!

I agree with AirFlow and prefer the original gun, the new one almost seems tacked on, maybe if the color scheme matched the character more? On the new gun, I think you should remove the 3 top guns and just keep the long bottom piece, it reminds me of the superscope six, and you can't get much more "futuristic" then that lol. All in all I really like the feel of this.

I think your receiving the Anime criticisms because of the eyes and hair but as long as your eyes are more traditionally proportional, I doubt it will be a problem once it translates into 3d. There was a rule in the first Dominance war that stated no Anime characters however that rule seems absent in this year's brief so I think you're safe (at least technically).

Keep this up, I can't wait to see how she develops!

JacquesPena
02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Airflow- Dude, I haven't seen Zeiram yet. Now you got me even more curious, so I'm going to check it out. Thanks. Going to tackle the weapon, maybe it should stay as it was..But I was afraid to tackle the weapon, and it doesnt come out right.

SheriffNotic- Yes it does look like a super cope 6, which makes it even cooler.:D But in all matter, the weapons will be handled with care, maybe anoter concept should be warranted..i'll noodle around a bit more.

So in other matters, I began modeling today, going to condider this a premlim round of modeling. I wasnt really sure how I would begin, but I'm going to model for a few hours and get the overall character down. Atm I'm at 2806 tri's, not bad so far.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_3.jpg

DimitrisLiatsos
02-12-2007, 01:59 AM
I say...she is sexy....have fun man! :thumbsup:

Robert-Fletcher
02-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Im loving this. the grenade necklace is a cool touch. im intrigued as to what the round piece on her back is

Squibbit
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
cool stuff, keep it up dude

JacquesPena
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
DimitrisLiatsos- Sexy but deadly.

Robert-Fletcher- The round piece is attached to the arm pieces.

Squibbit- So far so good. Thanks dude.:thumbsup:

I did a litttle more modeling today, nothing big. Right now she stands at 2894 tri. Going to go back in and modify the porportion of the body and rethink the hair part.. Soon as I'm happy, I'll begin the accessories.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_4.jpg

coCoKNIght
02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
nice model BANG BANG! :D

JacquesPena
02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
coCoKNIght- Lets save the bangs until the guns in hand.:D

So I went in and added more to the model, atm the count is 3334. I need to get the model done fast, back to work tommorrow, so time will be an issue. I have yet to figure out the hair portion. Second, undecided on the weapon final. Right now I need too sit back and ponder adjusting and preplan the model geometry; all this while keeping my paint in mind for the maps.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_5.jpg

JacquesPena
02-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Well I knew this was going to happen, and it has. I ran into a snag and I'm now 349 Polys over my mark. :sad: Going to edit a boat load of polys where not needed, and try to make my mark of 5500 tri's for the character(500 for safety room). Basically means I stop and continue this war another time. All and all I'm proud to see cg society on the frontline, with lots of bullets to spare and a few nukes.:applause:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/sleepinglion_1981/Boom_6.jpg

BrettSinclair
02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey that is looking great! Her face is looking cool. i like the big eyes. nice edge flow. Keep up the good work!

djolar
02-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Its a great concept.

What I would love to see is take all of those excess polys on the top of the head to model her bangs from the concept. She does have a very cute face and it is only enhanced by her bangs partialy covering her face.

I also think the flair of her hair on the sides should wrap around the back of her head like a bob styled haircut. Either that or make a second thick set of locks behind the side ones that come together into a pony tail down her back.

110% of your characters great personality in the concept comes from her hair and her pose.

SeanB
02-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Doesn't look like 6,000 tris to me. Hope you can get the polycount under control. Can't want to see that weapon modelled.

Airflow
02-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Im in love..... beautiful, too bad I made a cold, heartless bitch, I should have done a deadly cutie like yours.... nd google iria for zeiram...

polygonwarrior
02-14-2007, 03:16 AM
ur character has taken good shape I must say.would be plugged on to ur thread.best of luck.:thumbsup:

ChrRambow
02-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Great model but i look like a lot of more Tris ... you should triangulate the quads
an recount them. There are a lot of areas where you can save some polygons.

Keep up the good work!

TheMagnetic
02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
very strong progress i really like this model above all other entries in this forum.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.