PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: Cyborgguineapig

Cyborgguineapig
02-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Just reserving my spot, going to be drawing up some concepts today.

Cyborgguineapig
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Lets get this thing going already! Here are my initial silhouettes. I'll be posting a small bio of my character in a little bit so you can get a clearer idea of where I'm going with this.

Neutronium is a fairly nasty of the ancient aliens having harnessed the ability to propel minature black holes at his enemies. He is somewhat despised amongst the other ancients for having almost destroyed a planet himself. Now under watchful eyes of other ancients unsure of his motives, Neutronium has been given the opportunity to unleash his awesome power on the enemy shadows.

Neutronium is a proficient killer because his weapons consume the sounds of his victims.:twisted: Neutronium is also mostly resistant to energy weapons as his armor is built specifically to absorb them. Most of all he is good at misleading his opposition because of his evil appearance and demonic gesture.

Looking forward to your comments on which of these look most appealing/interesting.:)
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3079/conceptsilluettes1lv4.jpg

medunecer
02-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Art! I like the number 8 (from the top left).

Really interesting. Good luck!

Cyborgguineapig
02-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Hi Marco, I'm not completely sure which one you mean. You are refering to the shape of the silluette not the order they are drawn, am I correct?

Quickel
02-08-2007, 12:57 AM
your character's quite the scallywag! i like #6. best of luck to you!

Cyborgguineapig
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
A scallywag indeed.:)

After a few hours I have come to this concept below. I'm not entirely pleased with it as it feels both too evil and too cliché. This is more or less a silhouette with more details but I'm no concept artist so I may just run with this and play with my options in the modeling stage. I am really beginning to like #1, #2 and #6 from my initial thumbs and may shift towards those as they feel more original and are more suitable for my characters name and abilities.

Some more ideas:

An asymmetrical body which has been pulled and distorted as a result of playing with space-time energy. A black hole producing rifle with three cone like barrels. Spears and daggers equipped at their pointed ends capable of producing similar devastating effects. A large shield that protects and doubles as a device that can absorb energy projectiles.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4905/concept1hn0.jpg

Scotcho
02-09-2007, 06:21 AM
If you keep his armour faceted like a stealth bomber I'm sure you could keep the detail in the silhouette. May give a cool specular look too. He's also very robotic looking and may need some organics.

ColdKodiak
02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
yes cool looking, but hard to read as a person in a suit, rather than a robot.

nikudy
02-09-2007, 06:59 AM
hard to think that's a human inside an armor when the only thing human you can see is the nose. you might have some problems later with the basic rules about our race...

Cyborgguineapig
02-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Hi Adam, I see what you mean about it looking robotic. I'm planning to use knight-like armor with modern tid bits and am favoring the angular look myself, though I'll admit I'm doing it because I want to make my life that more difficult:D. The arms will likely be exposed to skin along with the stomach and parts of the back. I've never normal mapped a model with multiple elements like armor plating and such and hope I'll be able to accomplish it.

hard to think that's a human inside an armor when the only thing human you can see is the nose. you might have some problems later with the basic rules about our race...

Sorry its reading that way. What I tried to do was paint a snout like armored face plate but I guess its reading more like a human face. I'll post up some more concepts that clearly show where I'm going.

Cyborgguineapig
02-09-2007, 07:13 AM

Gamedev
03-05-2007, 09:47 AM
What the hell man? Did this never get off the ground?!?

medunecer
03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Art, sorry for the delay of this reply. I was talking about the siluette in the enclosed image of yours. Anyway you're doing a good job and I have to say that I like the new concept. Did you start the 3D?

Cyborgguineapig
03-10-2007, 11:16 PM
What the hell man? Did this never get off the ground?!?

Unfortunately so.. I had two fishing lines out and went for the bigger catch.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2007, 11:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.