PDA

View Full Version : Color background other than black without messing alpha?

Strob
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to change the color of the background when rendering in XSI but without messing the alpha????

When we use the unfriendly technique of adding an output shader to change the rendering background color, the alpha become messed even if we put the alpha value at zero, it stays grey....

I need to render smoke (prerendered in another software and mapped on a card) while being able to make adjustments to the matte in comp. If the backgournd is black and I expand the matte, that black will appear at the edges. So I need to render with a background the same color as the smoke then I can play with the range of the matte afterward.

Felipe
02-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi,

Use a grid geometry as a background, assign a constant material to it, set the color as you want and change the alpha slider to zero. Make sure your color clipping is set to RAW in the render options.

Cheers,
Felipe

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2007, 02:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.