PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition to develop a Maya Plugin?

kvale
02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey all, I searched around for this info, but couldn't find it. . . if this is a duplicate post I appologize!

Anyway, does anyone know how to get the Maya Plugin Wizzard that ships with Maya 7.0 to work with Visual C# 2005 Express Edition?

I'm not really a programmer but I have some ideas that I'd like to try out. I just need help getting the wizzard installed so I can alievieate the setup of the projects and what not. . . However, if it's more work than it's worth, then I'll take an explanation on how to use Visual C# 2005 Express Edition to quickly make a Maya Plugin project with all the libraries correctly linked.

Thanks in advance1

YourDaftPunk
02-05-2007, 05:50 AM
This worked for me (be carefull to use the right directory):
http://www.highend3d.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=215588

The wizard isn't needed though. Check out Rob's post on the second page!

-shawn

scorpion007
02-06-2007, 04:03 AM
The link YourDaftPunk posted is concerned with MSVC++, not MSVC#. They are two separate things. I'm not aware you can write maya plugins *at all* in C#.

YourDaftPunk
02-07-2007, 06:30 AM
I read that too fast- its not gonna work :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2007, 06:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.