PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Aston-Martin V12 Vantage

psyop63b
02-24-2003, 03:54 PM
This is a 700 polygonal model meant for use in a realtime game. The story behind the game is set in a post-apocalyptic future where people fight for power and money through these auto battles. This vehicle is the boss car, which means among the rolling heaps of scrap there's this beautiful expensive monster. I modeled it initially from a cube, using orthographic photos as reference. I also tried getting photos of the car at the A-M dealership one night to use for texturing , but those guard dogs can run pretty fast :eek: So instead I used images available on the internet and the A-M website (and tweaked them like crazy). C/C is welcomed and appreciated.

http://www.johnmacfarlane.net/forumdata/car10.jpg

CADster
02-24-2003, 04:04 PM
at only 700 its looking mighty fine IMO, i might of added some additional hilights along the curves
(top of fenders) and roof and darken the lower parts more to show more depth.. Did you use a 512 texture ?

i would like to see some additional views

Jerridb
02-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Uhmmm... isn't it called the Vanquish?

psyop63b
02-24-2003, 08:16 PM
I suppose it is called that. My bad.

Yes, it's a 512x512 texture for the whole thing. I'll try and get a rear and side view up sometime soon.

sic1
02-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Whoa, nice work psyop! Texture accents the car very well also.

Mangled Poly
02-24-2003, 10:25 PM
looks liek a good start, truthfully i think the texturing could be done a little better, its seems low quality in some areas also looks like you have some messed up uv maps in some points( hood area) where the lines look jagged instead of a smooth curve

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.