PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Aston-Martin V12 Vantage

psyop63b
02-24-2003, 04:47 PM
This is a 700 polygonal model meant for use in a realtime game. The story behind the game is set in a post-apocalyptic future where people fight for power and money through these auto battles. This vehicle is the boss car, which means among the rolling heaps of scrap there's this beautiful expensive monster. I modeled it initially from a cube, using orthographic photos as reference. I also tried getting photos of the car at the A-M dealership one night to use for texturing , but those guard dogs can run pretty fast :eek: So instead I used images available on the internet and the A-M website. C/C is welcomed and appreciated.

http://www.johnmacfarlane.net/forumdata/car10.jpg

rsalonen
02-24-2003, 05:10 PM
That looks pretty good. But isn't the poly count a bit to low for these days? Or is it a for a strategy game with many many things on screen at once? If so, then I understand the poly count.

Keep it up!

SimonReeves
02-24-2003, 05:24 PM
thats a vanquish and not a vantage isnt it?

;)

teh fury
02-24-2003, 05:32 PM
yep.. looks like a vanquish to me too :)

For 700 polys it's really good..

unrealwarfare
02-24-2003, 05:32 PM
good game model! i agree that the poly count is a little too low, especially the wheels - is that a quintagon? considering older games having more polys, this is mediocre, but unless you're shooting for a game where ppl with older comps could play something like that.... i also have a small comment about the left headlight, because the texture at the top is a little smudged... is it supposed to be like that?

psyop63b
02-24-2003, 09:26 PM
The model is something I did for some game designers in my spare time when I wasn't working on my own project. It uses one 512x512 texture map. I know it's very low poly. I think your average in-game car is now around at least 3500-5000, but I was working with the limitations that the game's programmers gave me. Details about the game are at the top of the thread, so that will give you an idea of what the engine will be pushing. This was not made for a professional game, but if I were to do it again I'd probably make it higher poly and then cut it down. But if you can do the job well with 700 polys just imagine how much better my 3500 poly stuff is? Just a thought.

As for the name, that's my bad. I was close though :shrug:

The tires are 10-sided, which I believe is a decagon.

Elven-Knight
02-24-2003, 10:19 PM
ARGH!
the light the front lights!:surprised

hehe dont worry ive taken pictures of the Vanquish and ive got ref pics on my site:)

http://www.btinternet.com/~selvi/James_Bond_Exhibition_at_science_museum_in_london/

hope that helps matey!:beer:

oh and very good joob for 700polys!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.