PDA

View Full Version : Spawn scale over time

Lawrence
02-02-2007, 08:09 PM
In particle flow, I'm using spawn to create a trail of particles behind an object and am trying to get them to simply grow or scale over time. What is the easiest way of doing this? Tried animating the source but it brings pflow and max down to a frickin crawl. The particle count is around 2000.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Lawrence.

PsychoSilence
02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
have you tried using a scale node which is animated from 100% to what ever you would like it to grow up to over time? that´s more of a brute force approach but should work.You can right click into the values and hit "Show in Track View" to have more power and visibility over the keys you´re about to set...if you want the scaling to happen only after a while of traveling simply use an age test then use the animated scale node in a new event. if you want the scaling to happen after the particles got a certain speed use a speed test...

kind regards

anselm

Lawrence
02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Lawrence.

depleteD
02-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Um, If i understand your question correctly, the animated scale node on one of the "realtive first" type with a animation offset of "event duration" should work.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2007, 05:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.