PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a trade or a buy on Models

Apharius
02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I am looking to trade some models,,, I kinda suck at modeling humans but I am really good at everything but cars...
I was looking at buying that Masha female model on turbosquid,,, but 320 is kinda high for that plus I am needing a higher quality model preferably than the Masha one although it looks very good...
I have alot of architecture & furniture models I would be willing to trade or if some of you gifted idividauls are in need of some extra money,,, I am in the market to get a model for an interior animation of a lobby for a major corporation... I have the majority of the job done I just need to add a good looking female at the front desk...
Customers ask for the craziest things...

Thanks a ton if anyone can help

newellteapot
02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi think you are lucky, Mashru made us a pressie :)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=25&t=446213

Apharius
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks,,, I guess I need to be clearer on what I am looking for I would like to make a trade but if need be I am willing to purchase a model,,, if the model looks good enough & is rigged I would be willing to pay more for it...

I have over 800 different models,,, alot of them are saved in multiple poly sizes...

I have animals, lots of cartoon type characters, cars that friends have done, planes, trains, tanks, buildings, furniture...

My model library is 30 + gig I am starting to not keep track of it all,,, so you see I am not just asking to trade just a dinning set for a fully rigged life-like character...

I am offering someone as much as they would like to trade,,, I know the value of what I am asking... I also know how much time I have invested in what I am offering...

So if any one has a friend or knows someone who might be interested please let me know...

I just need to make it happen what ever it takes...

tryl
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Higher quality than this?

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_12_6_2004_20_32_38/Masha_10.jpg5831739c-512f-42eb-bc00-f6deff71b5bbLarge.jpg

haha I duno she's pretty high quality, what exactly did your client dislike about her?

Honestly I think its a good price for her, she's rigged, textured, has different clothing changes and modeled very well.

If it took the artist only a 40 week to create her, they're working for roughly $8 an hour when the norm for freelance I'd guess is around $20ish
not to mention I imagine it took the artist much longer than just a week
I think you're getting a pretty awesome deal

Also I dont know how interested many really good 3d artists would be in a model trade, I mean if you can complete a model this well, you dont really need to be putting someone elses work into your art, I can only see this being appealing to other people that cant model and keep them around for work purposes

If your client thinks that she's not high quality enough, hand them your computer and let them have a go at it, i imagine after fumbling around with a 3d program for 5 minutes they'll change their minds

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.