PDA

View Full Version : Running Man (well running bloke anyway)

Monkeywiz
02-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I started playing around with a quick run cycle today, it still need tweaking and secondary animation adding, but can anyone see and glaring errors/problems wit hit so far?

Run Test 01 - Removed link, fresh links in my later post.

DripsBlack
02-02-2007, 11:45 PM
I really like this run. I was going to crit about the lack of secondary motion...until I read that you haven't made it there yet. I'll keep an eye on it...because so far its tight.

Monkeywiz
02-06-2007, 12:03 PM
OK, quick update.

I haven't been able to spend too much time on this, but I've added a bit of secondary motion and included some more side to side in the body and feet, as well as some foot twist.

Faster loading but non-scrubbable flash versions here:- Run Test (swf) (http://www.monkeywiz.com/Run_Test_Swf.html)
Slower loading but scrubbable mov versions here:- Run Test (mov) (http://www.monkeywiz.com/Run_Test_Mov.html)

DripsBlack
02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
There is one thing I did notice that escaped me before. The feet are moving perfectly forward and back, and never come totally under the center of gravity. I think it would look a little more natural to have the feet come to the center as they are planted.

Monkeywiz
02-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey Willaim,

I know what you mean, I noticed the same thing inbetween my first and second pass at this, which is largely why I added more side to side on the hips when the foot is planted to have the centre of gravity over that foot, but looking at it agian you may be right, maybe I'll increase that, or pull the feet in more. I'm certainly going to increase the speed with which he moves back to the other side on push-off, as think there's not enough force in this motion yet.

thebulfrog
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey Monkey,

Overall it's looking pretty nice. Things I noticed-feet are essentially parellel-generally in a walk or run the toes are pointed outward a bit. The hands go from fist to open and back again in each cycle. I'd keep them as a fist-go running and see what happens with your hands. I'd bet they stay in one position. The forwards and backwords rotation in the hips can be pushed further. I see it's there, but it needs to be exagerated some even if going for realistic. Also, it feels a bit slow. I'd think about speeding up each step by a frame or two-if the avg walk is 12/fr a step, I'd say you could go past 9/fr a step for a run-maybe as fast as 6 fr/step. It's worth messing around with. The head has a funny bob. I'm really not sure what to say regarding that-but worth checking into. G'luck with the finish-it's nearly there.

-bullfrog

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.