PDA

View Full Version : ahh crap! reverting to higher res?

tryl
02-02-2007, 02:03 AM
i resized my high res version so i could take a thumbnail of it, been working on it the last 4-5 hrs and i closed it and hit save and i saved it over the highres version :(

its a shot in the dark but is there any way I can revert to the prior file before i screwed it up, i saved it, resized then saved over it accidentally

rikrog
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't use Windows.. but if you do... can you revert to a previous 'state' and recover the file.

Other than that... learn the hard lesson and back up daily!

Good luck
Richard

padril
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
i resized my high res version so i could take a thumbnail of it, been working on it the last 4-5 hrs and i closed it and hit save and i saved it over the highres version :(

its a shot in the dark but is there any way I can revert to the prior file before i screwed it up, i saved it, resized then saved over it accidentally
The only way I can think of is if you still have the picture open you could go back through the history pallete to before you resized the picture.

Datameister
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
The only way I can think of is if you still have the picture open you could go back through the history pallete to before you resized the picture.

He said he closed the document already, so that won't work.

Like rikrog said, you could simply revert the entire system back a few hours...but you'll lose anything and everything you've done since then, on any file on your entire hard drive. If it's that crucial that you recover the file, do it. Otherwise...sorry, but I think you're out of luck. :( You can always up the resolution, sharpen, and then re-paint the details that need high-res clarity. It means more work, but it gets the job done.

kiwi8
02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
if you cant roll back to it you can try using this plug in called Alien Skin Blowup, not sure how much it was, but you can get decent results but you will have to go back and clean it up again. hopefully the thumbnail isnt that small to start with.

BlueFlare
02-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I use Vcom AutoSave with real-time archived copies. This protects me against this kind of disaster. Good luck recovering the file, hopefully you can roll back.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2007, 09:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.