PDA

View Full Version : contract alpha operator??

Gravey
02-02-2007, 01:59 AM
is there an operator within fusion that will let me contract the alpha of an image by x amount of pixels?
in case i'm not being clear, this is the process i would go through in photoshop: select the alpha channel, contract selection by x pixels, delete.

i'm looking for an operator that does the equivalent of this, or even a trick / work around to achieve the same effect would be cool

PieterVH
02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
is there an operator within fusion that will let me contract the alpha of an image by x amount of pixels?
in case i'm not being clear, this is the process i would go through in photoshop: select the alpha channel, contract selection by x pixels, delete.

i'm looking for an operator that does the equivalent of this, or even a trick / work around to achieve the same effect would be cool

The Matte Control node does this. Not pixel based though, (almost) nothing is pixel based in Fusion, due do it being resolution-independent. In that node you'll find a Contract/Expand setting, the effect of which can be amplified by slightly blurring the alpha (in the same node).

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.