PDA

View Full Version : curvy paved road with painted lines

Volador
02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm trying to create a long flythrough of a camera that will be following a paved road and this road has the lines pained on it also. This road will be curving and changing directions and following the terrain height.

I know I can create an alpha map to create the path. But the problem I'm having is texturing the actual road with the painted lines. The maximum texture size is 2048x2048 so if I paint those road lines on to a texture that size, it looks bad/pixelatedly in the render since the scene is so huge and the camera will be close to the road. This would be easy if it were just a straight road since I could instead just make a repeatable material of the road but how do I make this work with a curving road?

So, I'm wondering if anyone know of a way to make this work or if it's even possible to make in VUE? Thanks!

griffdrc
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
try splitting your terrain into smaller sections and then adding the sections together like a puzzle...

videodv
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
This link may help a little bit as well

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2659373

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.