PDA

View Full Version : mudbox problem

mc-fleury
02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
i have some problem with mudbox that i would lik to resolve.

-i have a big black rectangle at the bottom of my screen.How to remove it?
-its not sculpting where my cursor is pointing.
-i cant apply any pencil on my model. im just ding like they say in thehelp secton but its not working.

i need your help please.
Thanks!

perham3d
02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
have u posted on the mudbox forums http://www.mudbox3d.com (http://www.mudbox3d.com/) thats bound ot get you a better response than here i expect :D

im guessing u got a legit version and not a cracked copy.cracked copies of anything are normally buggy and dont work very well except for photoshop :D i dont think i no anyone with a legit copy of photoshop at home :D lol

marcus-civis
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
i dont think i no anyone with a legit copy of photoshop at home :D lol

I have one, and I live just down the road from you. :)

perham3d
02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
let me guess.taunton?

marcus-civis
02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
let me guess.taunton?
Pretty much, yeah.

MasonDoran
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
it is a graphics driver problem

so update your graphics card.

DorisDay
02-02-2007, 08:50 PM
i dont think i no anyone with a legit copy of photoshop at home :D lol

Well now you know 2 people now...

Why post a Mudbox question here???

Jec1183
02-03-2007, 05:34 PM
2byts is correct,

It is a graphics driver problem, basically the driver running your graphics hardware is out of date and you just need to go to windows updates and look for your driver update or go directly to your graphics card site and find it there.

Simple fix and it happens to everyone with mudbox who has out of date drivers.

marcus-civis
02-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Why post a Mudbox question here???
Because ZBrush is the new Mudbox. ;)

perham3d
02-18-2007, 02:03 AM

i second that ^^

Laptop
02-18-2007, 10:49 AM

...Blender is the new Mudbox, so please post next time in the blender-forum, they are more advanced than Mudbox (they have also texture-painting-support and best UV-Tools actually)

Laptop
02-18-2007, 11:01 AM
... maybe some people here didnt know if they buy a licence of adobe products, they can install also on a second computer, it says only you can use it 1 time at the same time, and also there is a nice and easy way to report cracked software or people who you think are using it...
I think anybody have to support that, because anybody also wants to be payed for a job, and anybody can profit from it than... Adobe is also offering 30-Day full version of all products with no limitations, there is no way to say I install a crack because I want test it...

...for mudbox therte is also a free trial

Howitzer
03-06-2007, 03:25 AM
...Blender is the new Mudbox, so please post next time in the blender-forum, they are more advanced than Mudbox (they have also texture-painting-support and best UV-Tools actually)

I am highly experienced with Blender and I use it daily alongside Mudbox. This comparision you have made is wrong and based only on what ever it is going on in your head.

I understand that this thread is two weeks old, but I will not let this slide by without saying something.

With Mudbox I can generate 32 bit displacement maps from a 7 million polygon mesh. (with 2 gigs of ram) Blender can't even handle 7 million polygons. It can't handle 32 bit displacement maps. It can't even generate it's own. You have to run it on Linux if you ever want to hope to see that level of detail, and even that is not guranteed.

It supports 16 bit displacement, but due to the limitation in how much you can subdivide (workspace and render side),using the displacement map from that 7 million polygon mesh is pointless unless you use it as a bump map as well.

(Useful) Texturing in Blender is limited to powers of two up to 4096x4096. There are no layers, and only one undo for the paint tool. At best, it serves only as a decent way to close texture seams. While some people manage to make ok textures with it, they are never as good as the textures produced in dedicated painting applications.

Mudbox is a dedicated 3d sculpting application. Blender is a well rounded 3d modeling and animation tool. Comparing the two is like comparing a 3d modeler working at ILM, to a hobbyist. No offence intended what so ever.

That was just an example. I use both Blender and Mudbox, and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Laptop
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
hello Howitzer,
this threat was posted in Zbrush forum, and there are a lot other threads like this (Mudbox vs Zbrush) and I was joking going in Blender forum, and fight against them... dont know why they changed it after so many days here, but enjoy mudbox and keep peace

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.