PDA

View Full Version : some noob material questions

BenDstraw
02-01-2007, 05:45 AM
im new to making particle effects and was wondering how to apply a material to particles. i tried applying it like you would in any ol object(click and drag from material editor or apply to selected) then i played around with the static material and mapping operators in particle view.

Which seemed to apply a material to them but it isnt visibly the material i wanted(they turned a tanish color as opposed to the default color given to them).

i hope that all made sense but i was in lil bit of a rush. hope you can help

thanks in advance,
BenD

BrandonD
02-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Check out the Particle Flow tutorials. You need to use a Material operator to assign materials to particles within an event.

BenDstraw
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
ya ive tried that. ive even looked at the user reference but cant find out anything new. my guess is the material is on it but the material is to big. ive tried tiling it down. hoping that would help but ill just try to manually scale it down and see if that works.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.