PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Issue

kriscabrera
02-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey guys any ideas why my particles are rendering like small flat planes??

Matt^
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Can you give us more information, what are you trying to achieve? Can you post a screenshot of your pflow?

kriscabrera
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
ok basically i am doing a particle dispersion on my logo, and i dont know why i had it rendering into dots before and all of a sudden it started to render as small planes. heres the pflow

Bobo
02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
ok basically i am doing a particle dispersion on my logo, and i dont know why i had it rendering into dots before and all of a sudden it started to render as small planes. heres the pflow

The Global Shape Facing operator creates planes. If you pick a camera, the planes will be aligned to it. (Either parallel to the camera's plane or looking at the camera's point).
What did you expect when you added it?

kriscabrera
02-01-2007, 10:49 PM
oh i just figured out that it was by mistake that i added the global shape i didnt mean to add it, but basically in order for you particles to render they need to have a shape node correct?

SoLiTuDe
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
yes. they need some shape to render. the dots and ticks and whatnot are just for display in viewport only (generally faster than geometry!)

kriscabrera
02-01-2007, 11:56 PM
ok kool thanks alot for the help guys i appreciate it!

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2007, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.