PDA

View Full Version : Concept: Sekur | Haile'na Soldier

MakoHaze
02-24-2003, 02:57 AM
The Haile'na (pronounced "Hale"- "nah") is a race that I'm currently working on for a game concept... they're still a little under developped, but I have a lot of customs and social structure notes down and they all flesh out the race. Anyway, the Haile'na are a strong race that put a lot of emphasis on discipline and technique. They use unique blade weapons - one for each hand and wear light armour. I was bored so I drew up a profile image of one of the Haile'na that plays a vital role in my concept.

Sekur Concept | Haile'na Soldier (http://www.boomspeed.com/makohaze2/Soldier2.jpg)

(Sekur is pronounced "Say"-"koor")

I'll have more drawings done shortly. :D

Comments and Crits, please! :p

MakoHaze
02-24-2003, 08:09 PM
70 views. No replies. Not up to the standards, huh? :sad:

karl
02-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi, I will post a reply for you.

It looks good what you have done so far but there are a few things I would change.

You need to make the lighting slightly more obvious, basically what i mean is the face looks a little flat. Try adding darker shadows and a few lighter high lights etc if u know what I mean.

Also his neck looks a little long. And where it meets his head at the fron it looks a little thin.

Try and imagine he was looking forward instead of down and u will realise that the neck is a bit long.

However I like the idea and the helmet thing is a good design. I wouldn't have put in an eyebrow or mouth piercing tho.

Hope that helps

chepe297
02-24-2003, 08:29 PM
70 views. No replies. Not up to the standards, huh?

It's just that they don't know what to critic :)

I think it's up to the standard (as long as it's 2D artwork).

The top part of the neck just looks a bit too skinny, but other than that the pic looks swe*t :thumbsup:

MakoHaze
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Alright, I fixed the lighting... and while I was at it I got rid of the lip and brow piercings AND the facial hair... and I tried thickening the neck under the chin. The neck still looks too long though, but meh!

http://www.boomspeed.com/makohaze2/Soldier3.jpg

NOW what do you think? :D

Mangled Poly
02-24-2003, 10:10 PM
I like him alot i want to see more of him though.. the whole body, other then that awesome!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.