PDA

View Full Version : Best budget analog video setup?

Dave Black
02-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Hey, all!

Just curious about what equipment may be best for output to video. By best, I don't mean an Avid station, but more a home/budget priced system. I see alot of guys with VCRs, and PAL monitors, not to mention all sorts of wierd decks with lots of big fat dials, etc. I've never had to output to tape before, and I'd really like to get into it for demo reels, etc.

Are there special VCRs out there for this type of thing? Would I need a special card (like an avid card) to compress and deliver the video stream in realtime?

I'm sorry that's alot of questions. I've been searching around for info, and I think I get the basics, but I'm really very curious about what type of home/budget setup you have.

Any help would great.

Thanks for the read, and I look forward to your replie(s).

-3DZ

:D

feefunk
02-24-2003, 11:59 AM
check out the dazzle products for a cheap-ish solution.
They allow you to capture and output to tape since they come with RCA (Composite) and S-Video in and out.
Dazzle's web site (http://www.dazzle.com)

You won't need extra video cards, you'll only need either a Firewire port or USB 2. (will work with USB 1 too) and a VCR.

Go to their site and click on "Products" ---> Product Selector, it's a guided way to select which one is right for you.

good luck with your search!

:wavey:

AroundTheFur
02-24-2003, 12:59 PM
i got the pinnacle dv 500 dvd(www.pinnaclesys.com) and although it also has dv and youre just looking for analog i find its quality is very good on the output and input.:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.