PDA

View Full Version : Having an object deformed by another?

gizmo1990
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
I need to make a bag of marbles and I wondered if I could do this using xsi's soft body simulation stuff to affect the bags mass and create nice deformations of the marbles inside it.

I have no experience of doing this in xsi but from the looks of it I'd have to create a simulation? Is it possible to do this sort of stuff 'on the fly'? For example create a sub divided plane and a ball. Assign some parameters to the 2 objects and then when I move the ball into the plane it deforms in realtime around the ball??

Any help appreciated.

Rens
01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Yep you can set the marbles as active rigid bodies and the bag as a soft body. Then create a gravity or other force. For the bag go to Modify -> Environment -> Apply Force and select the grav. Also Set Obstable and choose the marbles and other stuff you'll want it to affect.
Play with the mass and friction settings. Changing the collision type of the marbles to Bounding Sphere will probably do.
If you need to tweak some other settings for it to work properly, just try them all! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.