PDA

View Full Version : Still no upgrade to 6

toonafish
01-31-2007, 11:57 AM
More then a month ago I ordered my upgrade to Ess. 6.0 ( 22 december to be precise ) and my local reseller still has not recieved an new key from Soft, neither did anyone reply to my emails to softimage licensing ( besides an autorespond with a "promise" to reply within 2 days....not )

what's going on ??

LemonNado
01-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Pick up the Phone and call Softimage.
That works!
Rainer

toonafish
01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
to wake them up ?

;-)

norvman
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
sure wake them up if you have too... maybe that will get them to be more responsive on their emails...

(what good is email when no one uses it?)

Honestly they respond much better to phone calling than any thing else... (damn in convenient if you ask me...)

but it works and things get done when you call so...

So call em'...

http://www.softimage.com/about_us/contact_info/default.aspx

hope all goes well...

:thumbsup:

endernaught
02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I put my order in on the 20th of December. It has taken forever for mine as well. My order finaly shipped a couple days ago, and should be delivered Friday. Definately took longer than I expected, seen my reseller charged me on the 22nd, which made me think it was shipped, or at least in stock or whatever...

Hopefuly you'll get yours shipped soon.
Cheers

dwigfor
02-01-2007, 01:50 AM
The worst thing is I heard all you get is a dongle and a piece of paper telling you where to download it....

Hope you're not expecting a nice big box...

bryann
02-01-2007, 05:00 AM
That is all you get. :/

Surprised to hear it's taking so long. I thought mine took a long time (ordered 12/17 and shipped 12/30) but a 5+ weeks is just crazy. They may have been working on the dongles though. Several of us that got that first batch received defectives.

Do call SI and your reseller until you get an answer.

invincibleyang
02-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Hi Toonafish - please can you contact me with your order details (name etc) and the reseller contact you have been using. You can email me at paul_doyle@softimage.com.

Kind regards,

Paul Doyle
Softimage EMEA Sales

toonafish
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Last night I finaly received a reply and an new key.

6.0 is up and running.

A little weird Soft sent te key directly to me and not my local reseller that placed the order in the first place.

anyways, problem solved.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions guys.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.