PDA

View Full Version : Malaria War!!, Rianti Hidayat Wong (2D)

Rianti-Wong
01-31-2007, 09:57 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/232103/232103_1170241022_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/232103/232103_1170241022_large.jpg)

Title: Malaria War!!
Name: Rianti Hidayat Wong
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Here's the cover illustration and the 1'st page for my newest book. The book is about the education of malaria for the children.
I wanna create such "war" between the human (with the help from frogs as the eater of mosquitoes) and the malaria mosquitoes. I wanna make the war not too scary but full of spirits, that's why i added the bubbles to descripted how great the war is - colorfull but try to keep it simple.

The 1'st page started with the brief comic about the main character who will guide us through the book.
The empty spaces on the left is for additional information about the book, that's why i left it blank.
The book still in progress though...comments and sritics are welcome.

liangcee
02-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Such a wonderful Illustration...funy childhood I took...- -b
Can you talk about the mind of doing your work...?

Rianti-Wong
02-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Thank you for the comment, liangcee.
This is the project where my lecturer gave to anyone who want it. Each team/or person have to choose a subject, either about disease or famous heritage.

Since this is a educating book, i was briefed to create something children like, and so i decide to use a colorful tone. But it's not that colorful on the first try, that's why i took the courage to use contrast color as a shade for everything.

I wanna make this cover outstanding from any other book on this project and so this is it. Thank god the lecturer agreed it and i soon have to add the book title and the rest of the content. Actually i want to make the book all colorful, but certain pages have to be in black and white.

My mind was occupied by the word "spectacular" in creating this illustration. That's why i exaggerated the war with mosquitoes, i make the classroom full of color, and make the library seems viewed by convex mirror(in reality, library is not that colorfull), i hope this will make some children interested in library, even for a bit.

Anyway, i actually want to create the character more outstanding, not with that ordinary shirt and pants. But it'll make the children not feeling "same" as the character.
*by the way, i just realize that the mosquitoes racket look more like tennis racket*

deadman4ever
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Awww...very beautiful! :) Your characters have a very sweet design. Well done! :thumbsup:

Rianti-Wong
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
:) Thank you, KarotiElf. I'm trying to create the design fit to each project.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.