PDA

View Full Version : Latest Animation Reel

travishowe
01-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Hey Y'all
I've just updated my reel with some newer work. It's a pretty big file (47mg) so please give it a moment or two to download. Also, if anyone has any compression ideas they'd be much appreciated!

I'm currently seeking employment as an animator.

Crits are welcome, but the outdated stuff (all the stuff with the robot character) was from when I was learning the process, and the files are too messy to attempt to salvage, so they will not be updated (although I've had quite a bit of positive story feedback concerning the chomper door sequence, so I may start from scratch on that one and animate it "right."

Anyway, I hope you like it!

www.useyourpower.com/THowe_DemoReel_Hi.mov (http://www.useyourpower.com/THowe_DemoReel_Hi.mov)

Travis

Dervish
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
nice animation that is, your opening sequence is a bit amiss tough, id replace or cut it, about the codec, if ya want it to be small so people can download it faster (50mb is a bit much) you should use h.264 quicktime, in that size it will look nice enough at 500k or even half, its not as nicely scrollable tough. therefore id just reduce the datarate of the sorenson to 1k, it is good enough for that size.

btw: nice gag with that sublimal message frame ^^

mistasam02
02-03-2007, 12:38 AM
*bump*

that's awesome sauce man! :buttrock: i still love the doorway sequence, and now your new additions.. the stuff with that grey guy (hogan?) looks great too! the spot run-cycle looks a lil strange, but i'm finding now it's a really hard creature to animate! lol well good job, and good luck on the job hunt!

travishowe
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey all!
So I've added a newer shot to the reel, and managed to squeeze it down to only 13mg, a much more reasonable size. Hope you like it!

www.useyourpower.com/DemoReel_THowe.mov (http://www.useyourpower.com/DemoReel_THowe.mov)

Crits are always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!
Travis

BrandiKoi
02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I really like your demo reel. One think I have a problem with is the random blips of stuff. Like at some poin in your movie the number 2 pops up for a frame. I really like that opening though!

travishowe
02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Oh... ya, about that number 2... When I pieced together my reel for graduation last May, I had cut up that clip of him pushing the box, and placed a dialogue piece in the middle there. It's been a long time, and I no longer have those renders of the box push, so I cut them out of my grad reel, but it was missing several frames. I thought I'd put something in to signify that it is broken up. Step thru to that "2" and you'll find out about my dastardly plan for employment. *maniacle laughter*

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.