PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

wchristiansen
01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey all... I've updated my demo reel with the animation at the beginning. Let me know what you think. If anyone wants to hire me as an animator that would be nice.

www.willchristiansen.com/animation/demoreel5-17-07.mov

w.

Dervish
01-31-2007, 08:12 AM
nice reel, the animation looks fine enough, im not too sure id show the stills for so long, but rather show them in hole and unmoving.

wchristiansen
01-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I've been doing battle with the stills...

w.

mistasam02
02-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Yea I'd personally leave the stills off.. unless you're looking for a job drawing, employers don't care. They're nice, but they do take up a good portion of your reel in which you could add more animations.

As for the intro sequence, I think the kill happens too fast. It's too jerky.. overall you could use moving holds, and when he dies just make it smoother. It looks like you're going for a stylized death but it still could be smoother. I did however like the music choice over your last reel's! Shawn of the Dead ftw :thumbsup: anyway good luck and keep animatin!

wchristiansen
02-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Yeah... I agree with the dying, its still too fast. I just got an animation test so I'm probably not going to be able to work on it until I'm done with that. As for the stills, the majority of places I've applied want to see traditional art and my contacts inside companies that say they don't tell me to leave mine on because they're interesting. So that was a judgement call to keep em in. I'm currently working on a whole slew of "realistic" animation for war games. Thank you very much for your crits!

w.

wchristiansen
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
glitched post...

wchristiansen
05-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Okay, chopped one more thing, tightened up timing, moved acting, fixed run cycle. Let me know what you all think. Any and all crits greatly appreciated.

demo reel (updated) (http://www.willchristiansen.com/animation/demoreel5-17-07.mov)

Thanks,
w.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2007, 01:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.