PDA

View Full Version : Problems with rotating

Lighttaker
01-30-2007, 03:41 AM
I have all the planets rotating around the sun. But the planets have moons. I can not in any way figure out how to get the moon to rotate around the planet while the planet rotates around the sun. This is the most frustrating thing ever. Whenever I rotate the planets the moons dont move, but if I animate the moons moving they only rotate around the space that the planet use to be at. Thx for any help.

5quid
01-30-2007, 04:40 AM
it sounds like you have CnsComp or ChildComp on (buttons on the mcp, under Constraints)

it also sounds like a homework question :P

misterdi
01-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Look back on hierachy and center location of your object.

Where is the center of your planet rotation (rotation pivot)? Where is the center of rotation for the moon?.

How do you deal with the center pivot for the planet? Are you moving them to correct position?. Or will it be easier to setup a null as a parent and rotate this null?.

How do you link them, is it parent-child relationship, or is it using constraint?.

Regards,

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2007, 04:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.