Sadistiko
02-23-2003, 06:46 PM
I put my brand new WEB site at:

http://kosak.adpgroup.net

I want to know what you guys/girls think about it

What is bad, and what is good?

mage111
02-24-2003, 05:39 AM
OMFG! GRR, my browser locked up and i lost all 10-15 paragraphs i wrote *SIGH*!

... i'll look @ this another time when i dont feel like recritiquing it.

but heres some short

Dont have your menu constently load, once loaded keep it there so the user dont go through the animation over n over, it gets anoying.

remove the onMouseover when a user highlights the menu when it is out, make it an onMouseclick to save the hassle of watching the menu slide out all the time

sharpen your text in the blurbs you wrote in your portfolio page

take off the links or grey them out or make them un clickable if they go nowhere (specially your gallery)

make the contrast of the text on your portfolio page under the images, greater so its easier to read

all your external links should be put into a new window unless your having the user exit your site

sorry if i seem blunt i was more surgar coating in my last post but my browser locked :@ i hate IE when explorer is being a b**** :@

Sadistiko
02-26-2003, 07:15 AM
thank you for comments, mostly critiques :) :shame:

I'm trying to finish my site soon so I didn't disable buttons and links that still doesn't work.
But I make some compromise for menu, now, you can list pages, but when you move out of it, it will close

dark_lotus
02-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Hey.

My first comment would be the text on the main page is not readable enough. I would strongly advise against using Serif Fonts.

I think that the entire site it too dark and hard to read, use contrast.

The navigation was difficult (even for me) to find. Try using a big arrow with 'Menu' written on it.

The text on the navigation is hard to read, and again I think its a misguided choice of font.

Also the links that dont work are quite annoying and the other thing was that it kept linking out to another website. Which got tedious after about 3 clicks to it.

The other irritating thing was the menu constantly popping up and animating.

The content side of the site, is for the most part quite messy.

Don't get me wrong, I know how much effort goes into making these sites. But just a few simple changes here and there will bring the site upto a high standard.

Good Luck! I look forward to seeing more!

bigray
02-28-2003, 06:27 PM
I have to agree with the comments above. I will say this however I like the purple and the multiple edges. Unfortuantely the color does not work well with the computer components in the back ground. Perhaps if you used the old computer green in place of the purple is might tie in together.

Good luck :)

Sadistiko
03-06-2003, 10:55 PM
to dark_lotus: actualy, I didn't use serif font but arial, and it must be something with FlashMX, I also have major problems with latin2 fonts for croatian language! :hmm:

I didn't fixed all things yet you asked, but I will soon.

I added texture link with fool texture downloadable php galery with 616 photos

Thanx for comments and critiques

jadedchron
03-09-2003, 03:32 AM
navigation is unclear. the backdrop for the text needs to be changed. also for the navigation.. i would suggest making a flash cookie.. if the user has already moved the mouse over it once then they don't have to sit thru the transition on the menu everytime they want to goto another place on the site. that or make it alot quicker.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.