PDA

View Full Version : flipbook fails!

jigsawe
01-30-2007, 12:39 AM
im using xsi 5.11, and every once in a while, after i capture an animation and play it in flipbook, it just pops for a frame and closes. after i restart xsi it works fine, but im getting annoyed. does anyone know what the problem is? thanks.

JDex
01-30-2007, 12:49 AM
I've not seen that problem (we use flipbook all the time). Have you tried restarting or reinstalling XSI?

Are these large files (like HD or 2k+)? Share your system specs.

jigsawe
01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
i'm using xsi at school, so i cant reinstall it, but restarting it works. Im just tired of restarting every 30 mins to capture. im not using any high rez images at all, just standard sizes.

the system is a winxp, dual intel xeon 2.8ghz, 2gig of ram, nvidia quadro fx 1100.

im guessing that when some other application is running, this problem occurs. dont know what it is tho. Also other students have the same problem aswell.

JDex
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Is the Quicktime the latest (if not, get the user to update it)... it may be the problem, and the latest QT update fixed tons of bugs in general, although I be sure it's the flipbook aggressor.

It really sounds like a system issue, not an XSI issue. Is it happening on all the systems, or just one or a few?

Mic_Ma
01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
I have the same. For me it happens when I watched the preview with another viewer (ie media player) and left it open. I suppose it happens when -generally- one of the files is still used by another app.

luceric
01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Are you sure you are starting the flipbook, and not capturing to .AVI which then starts Media Player?

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.