PDA

View Full Version : 'Super Burly Brawl'-esque Atmosphere?

InsignificantSpec
01-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I have been playing around with Vue 6 recently, trying to produce something that looks similar to the type of atmosphere we see in the Super Burly Brawl of the Matrix Revolutions (very dark sky with sickly green clouds, lightning, driving rain et cetera). I just can't seem to be able to achieve anything satisfactory, though; I wondered whether there was perhaps anything specific anyone could suggest to point me in the right direction with this cause as simple as it looks it's proving a bit of a blighter to nail ;) For a better idea of what I'm after, take a look at this: www.bloodlines.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Fight_Revolutions.jpg (http://www.bloodlines.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Fight_Revolutions.jpg). Thanks in advance.

grrinc
01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
That look has more to do with post work than rendering I reckon. I would look at the various filters that come with compositing apps.

mtschimperle
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Just load one of the spectral storm atmospheres and change the sky color to black and the overall skylight color to a sickly green. That will give you the basics. For the rain you'll need to add a cube, clyinder or plane with a rain texture (I believe there is one native to Vue but I don't remember where). The lightning you'll have to post in. Hope this helps.

phamarus
01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Well...donīt forget to double klick on your camera in the list..and spend some time learning and tweaking all the postprocessing Inside of vue...such as perspective color and density,gain,bias and saturation..to get dark contrast on the clouds you could turn on color perspective ..it might give the whole scene to much of darkness thou..you might have to compensate with gamma or exposure or brightness etc..
you can also pull down saturation a little bit....and of course change the colors aswell to a little more greenish...
as for the lightning..check out after effects ...if you can afford it ..or if its just a still just paint it in with some decent paint program.

bytheway...if you have have dark clouds...try and illuminate them from behind..so where thereīs not so much density in the clouds atmophere it will be kind of brighter ...either by setting the sunlight correctly...or using several other lights..
and if its for animation..perhaps som omni lights that has envelopes with a short flashy time
to give an overall effect of lightning.

phamarus

InsignificantSpec
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow thanks for that, really helpful comments. I sort of imagined as much, but I guess it really needed just putting into words; as you can tell I'm still a bit of a noob to Vue ;) While we're on the subject, I've been looking around on Google for tutorials but even the ones on the e-on site I find don't tend to cover everything, are there any sites in particular anyone could suggest to help me tackle all the features? Thanks again for the fast responses!

IvanB
01-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Here's some tutes.

http://esnips.com/UserProfileAction.ns?id=40dacfe2-91ce-475f-84e5-1805f766e6b9

chippwalters
02-01-2007, 05:33 AM
While we're on the subject, I've been looking around on Google for tutorials but even the ones on the e-on site I find don't tend to cover everything, are there any sites in particular anyone could suggest to help me tackle all the features? Thanks again for the fast responses!

You can check out some of my tutorials (http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/VueStepbyStep/AboutStepbyStep.htm) if you like. You might be especially interested in the one covering Fog and Haze in Vue, as they pertain to the effect you're trying to create.

InsignificantSpec
02-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks, they look great I'll check em out tonight. :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2007, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.