PDA

View Full Version : AM Short Progression Thread

Darknessseeker0
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey guys. I'm finally in class 6 at AM and am really excited to get back into animating. I will be posting an updated version of my short at least every three weeks. We spend a week on each thrid of our short so every three weeks I'll have another pass of animation on the entire project. If I get a lot of responses, I'll update the file every week. Anyway, please feel freeto have a look and tear my work apart. Right now its in the rough blocking stage. This week I'll be bringing the first third into blocking plus. The 2d monster will also be brought into 3d as soon as the new rig for him is ready. Untill then I'm going to continue to break down his actions in 2d rather than not working on him at all, lol.

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jcofer20/shortRoughBlockingSound.mov

Oh, I am having an issue with the soundtrack. I put it together in Premiere and saved the music/sound effects separately since it always give me an error when I try to export the entire video. Everything plays properly and is in sync in Premiere. When I put everything together in Quicktime Twitch's first growls come in late. I have no clue why that's happening since it doesn't do that in Premiere. I have the audio starting at the same time as the video so that shouldn't even occur. It's even stranger because none of the other sound effects are off. I guess you guys could just try to ignore that part for now.

Thanks guys!

Grayscale
01-29-2007, 07:26 PM
First of all, looks like a cute little short. I like the whole "bonding" between Twitch and the child. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about why the sound is off the first go round, but it was easily dismissed because I was paying attention to the motion. :)

Absolutely kick ass quote as well. Totally agree. Just wish some people understood that more and wouldn't get so defensive. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

mttjss
01-30-2007, 12:56 AM
really cool Jocelyn -

cant wait to get to class 6 (currently 2)!

The first thing is the Title - I think you should stick with something simple like the part with your name...that or go with something like the mood of the story.

really like Twitch. looking forward to seeing him in 3d.

Matt -

Darknessseeker0
01-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey Greyscale and Matt! Thanks for taking a look at my short! I'm glad you guys like it. I'm glad that error with the sound doesn't distract from the short. Thanks for letting me know, Greyscale. I also agree with you about critiques. It's sad that people don't know how to take constructive criticism. Once they get a job dailies will end up being a very stressful part of their day. >_<

Matt, I sent you a PM at AM about the title stuff. Oh, if anyone has any ideas for a better title for my short please let me know! I am awful at coming up with names.

Dervish
01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
great concept, and the rough is very nice so far, looking forward to see some motion

keep it up

Darknessseeker0
02-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks Dervish! I will be posting some more work tomorrow night. :D

Darknessseeker0
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Here's an up-date. Last week we started the blocking plus stage so here's my blocking plus for the first third of my short:

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jcofer20/week4.mov

Sorry about the lack of ease in/out. I ran out of time to add that part last week. It will definitely be there the next time I visit that part of my short though. All comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah, there isn't any sound for this update. I leave adjusting the soundtrack for after I've completed the current stage for all of my shots. I already know that I'm going to have to reedit Twitch's growling effects for shot 3 since he pauses now.

Darknessseeker0
02-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,

Here's my whole short in the blocking plus stage. I'm not proud of it at all. I lost way too many days of work over the last three weeks and haven't been able to get my short to the point I wanted it to be for this stage. I like shot 13 and 16, I feel like I finally remembered how to animate when I worked on those. I just wish I had enough time to make all of the other shots like that.

There isn't any sound this time. Some of the shots have gotten longer and require me to rearrange the sound effects and music again. I don't have hours to spend doing that for the third time, so I just skipped it. I'm going to leave the sound alone until the very end. I have way too many shots to catch up on to spend time messing around with other aspects of the short.

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jcofer20/wholeShortBlockingPlus.mov

Mendes
02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
This is looking great! Don't get discouraged! I'm really looking forward to seeing updates on this. Keep it up. I checked out your portfolio site and you have some fantastic work there too.

Grayscale
02-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Jocelyn,
It's looking good! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing more shots with the creature added to them. I'm sure you'll get the sound situation handled, besides... I'm looking at the animation ;)

Keep it up! Must see more!

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2007, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.