PDA

View Full Version : help: Triangle faces to 4 sided polys

DBZ123
01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I got a question for 3ds max. Not sure if I can be clear about it, but here goes....

I downloaded a low poly character model and when I opened the file, the mesh is in 'editable mesh' and is displaying triangle faces from head to toe. I for sure know it was modeled using 4 sided polys and then some way converted so that the triangle edges would appear. I just want to check out how the character was modeled, but the triangles are in the way. Is there an option or something I can turn off to convert back to seeing 4 sided polys?

All I know is that I went to surface modifier in the tab, selected the edges and hit invisible and it didn't work. That options seems to hide the cutted edges of the tris instead.

gringer
02-01-2007, 01:04 AM
It is possible that your viewport renderer is set to Direct 3D. This mode shows triangles all the time. Have a look in the preferences section, under viewports.

Cheers :D

SoulTaker
02-05-2007, 07:29 AM
You can select the model then right click and choose "covert to editable poly" and it should convert all those triangles to quads. This often happens to me when I import an .obj file.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2007, 07:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.