PDA

View Full Version : sharing notes - UnReal ToonTracer StrokeFollower

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 02:40 PM
been doing some homework. tought i'd share some of the options in unreal's strokefollower (toontracer) that wasnt documented. hope it's useful.. i might compiled this into a 'full set' documentation for UnReal. who knows? :D

Notes on UnReal ToonTracer's StrokeFollower Options

//--------------------------------------------------
All values are to be resolved as floating point data.
Conversions are as follows:
1.) Percentages (0.0% == 0.0, 100.0% == 1.0)
2.) Distance (0.0 meters == 0.0, 1.0 meters == 1.0)
3.) 8-bit (000 == 0.0, 128 == 0.5, 255 == 1.0)
4.) Angle (0.0 degrees == 0.0, 359.9 degrees == .99)
//--------------------------------------------------

Alpha
- value is render alpha value (Value) as seen in Image Viewer.

Diffuse
- value is raw diffuse value as in specified in Surface Editor. (Textures excluded.)

Specular
- value is raw specular valueas in specified in Surface Editor. (Textures excluded.)

Diffuse Shade
- value is resulting diffuse shade (or diffuse reflection) of surface polygon, taking into account lights and surface attribs.

Specular Shade
- value is resulting specularity of surface poly, taking into account lights and surface attribs.

Shadow
- value is raytraced shadow density.

Geometry
- value is incidence angle from camera.
- value of 0 is poly normal facing away from camera.
- value of 1 is poly normal facing toward camera.

Depth
- value is meters from polygon.

Raw R, Raw G, Raw B
- value is floating point value of raw surface color as specified in the Surface Editor. (Textures excluded.)

Rendering R, RenderingG, Rendering B
- value is floating point value of surface color in consideration of rendering factors (e.g. lights, textures, etc).

Normal X, Normal Y
- value of 0 is poly normal facing directly perpendicular to particular positive axis.
- value of 1 is poly normal facing particular positive axis.

Normal X, Normal Y (Absolute)
- value of 0 is poly normal facing directly perpendicular to particular axis (positive and negatives).
- value of 1 is poly normal facing particular axis (positive and negative).

Normal Z
- value of 0 is polynormal facing at positive Z.
- value of 1 is poly normal facing at negative Z.

NormalXY Angle
- the value is a "ratio of angle" around the axis denoted by the vector of the camera aim.
- the angle of zero denotes vectors facing precisely at the right of the camera.
- the angle increases clock-wise as viewed from the camera.
- value of 0 is poly normal at 0 degrees (e.g. facing right)
- value of 0 is poy normal at 360 degrees (e.g. still facing right after completing a clock-wise turn).
- a good visualization of 0 degrees is imagining a compass or clock in front your that is tilted 90 degree to the right, so the the 12th hour mark is at the right.
- another helpful visualization of normalXY angle is to imagine a poly normal as a straight line coming out from the poly. then, "flatten" this normal by imagining it is drawn line in front of your camera.

Chewey
02-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks for posting the info!
:thumbsup:

Triple G
02-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks, faulknermano. Handy info to have. :beer:

Shade01
02-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey thanks for that! Do you mind if I add that to my Unreal Tutorial thread (with credit)? It'd be nice to have all info on the plugin in one place :)

faulknermano
02-24-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Shade01
Hey thanks for that! Do you mind if I add that to my Unreal Tutorial thread (with credit)? It'd be nice to have all info on the plugin in one place :)

i dont mind at all. it'll be better that way. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.