PDA

View Full Version : Girl and "magic butterfly" painting

Markuss
02-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi! Just finished this one (I hope, because sometimes I can never stop tweaking my images after I have finished). It's for a norwegian magazine, and the deadline is tomorrow, so I hope it's finished. Anyway's I'm sure you can help me find some more mistakes or things you would change?? There's always something... :)

The composition is maybe a little boring, but it's supposed to have text on both sides and a logo at the top, and its going to be cropped heavily, I just added a lot of extra space.

Anyways, it's done in Painter (mostly), and it's only the second time I try to do something serious with Painter, so tell me what you think??

http://home.no/markuss/camera-girl.jpg

(Updated the image a little)

mattie
02-23-2003, 03:43 PM
i think it is quite nice :)

but, the underwear looks abit strange on the left side?

Jokke
02-23-2003, 03:50 PM
yeah mattie is right about the underwear... "Cewl" painting though! I really suck at coloring, so... :D
Can you give me some good advise on coloring my drawings on computer?! :D

Markuss
02-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks, I tried to tweak the underwear a little bit (Photoshops liquify filter can be quite useful), and I updated the picture. Did it it help anything at all, or does it still look weird?

Mangled Poly
02-24-2003, 10:13 PM
nice i like it however not the undwear i say remove it, if you dont want to do that then make it ALOT thinner

Artiztick
02-25-2003, 04:08 PM
I really dont like the enviroment shes in! I think it would look more special if she was in a normal enviroment and this magical butterfly has flown her way

She looks like shes in the middle of no where - so what exactly is there to tak pictures of? Even more worrying, where will she get thm developed? :surprised

king of tartine
02-25-2003, 05:53 PM
superb, i like the color and the style used...:buttrock:

Jokke
02-26-2003, 01:25 PM
i think it would help if you lowered the underwear a little and made it thinner...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.