PDA

View Full Version : New to Maya; a little help?

ParasiteArtist
01-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Hey, I just made the conversion from Max to Maya. I was not too familiar in Max, but enought to get by a little. Well, I am starting in Maya 8 and I am modeling an alien head via NURBS. My problem is I cannot seem to find how to add vertices or even a subdivision w/vertices. I do not have enough vertices currently to shape it the way I would like to. Anyone able to tell me how I can add vertices/subdivisions for more detail? Thanks in advance.

Mr. D
01-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Hello

You don't subdivide nurbs surfaces in Maya, you might be looking for Isoparms. Kinda think of it as LoopEdge when using Meshes.
'Hotbox' and pick Isoparms, object should turn blue, click/hold on verticle or horizontal nurb line and drag to new postion.
go Modeling> EditNurbs> Insert Isoparm(open options box) hit insert and a new isoparm created(at selection picked).

Mr D

mitchell
01-30-2007, 04:27 AM
well im no pro im maya but iv'e been doing it for 2 or 3 years
but wheb ever i need help i go to sites with tutoials th mane one i go to they have hudreads of free tuotials on maya alone www.digitaltutors.com

if that doesenthelp me and my bro can help out alot

ParasiteArtist
01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Ohhhh, I see. Yeah, the Isoperm is what's working out. I seem to have an easier time box modeling anyways. Thanks for the help Mr.D.

As for the other reply, yes, I have been going to some tutorials, but I am having a hard time finding one that explains how to do something, instead of just showing me how to model lets say a bird or something. Finding specific things seem to be hard to do. That's when I turn to forums. 8 ) Thanks for the helpful tutorial link

Satchie
01-31-2007, 03:38 AM
C'mon people, be a little nice to the rest of us, don't write things in red, my eyes hurt after these 2 posts.... thanx i.a.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 03:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.