PDA

View Full Version : Rendering

Yanlec
01-29-2007, 01:57 AM
hi all, im running shake 2.5 on windows, and i cant render my comp(even on flipbook), i think i cornered the problem, its that im using relative path for my footages. anyone has the same problem??? this soft is powerful yet doesnt seem so stable to me, been reading tons of problems on the net(im running it on mac at school btw)

Yanlec
01-31-2007, 01:07 AM
ok now it does render on flipbook, after that i had problems with the render file out node, it was because shake doesnt assign the extension to your file, you have to name it yourself, personnally i find this very lazy from apples shake programmers, this is the first soft i see that doesnt assign extension(i agree that i should have noticed it when i was trying to open my files since there was no .ext after their names) anyway

MacManiax
02-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Shake 2.5 for windows has always gave me problems. For some reason i could not render quicktime movies, so i just rendered the fileout node with no change in the settings. When it was finished rendering i had a huge file with no extension on it. All i had to do was add ".mov" to the file and it would play using quicktime. Then i just re-rendered the movie in after effects using a codec and it was fine.

alexx
02-13-2007, 08:44 AM
just get used to it..

shake (i use 2.46 even) is a bit "different" than any other software :)
but dont you think that complaining about shake not creating the correct file extension for you is a bit unfair?
if you manage to create cool comps creating the correct file extension for yourself should not be that tough .
and at least my version is really very stable. i only know few packages that crash so few.

cheers

alexx

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2007, 08:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.