PDA

View Full Version : Camera projections not exporting to other Apps

Simmo
01-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Hi,
I use XSI for a lot of my modelling and texturing work which I then export to Maya for rendering.
This has never been a problem until now. In XSI I used a camera projection to throw a photo onto geo I'd created in XSI. The idea was to freeze the projection then do some additional detail modelling and export it to Maya.
Except the UV's won't export properly. I've tried freezing at various stages, copying the uv's onto a different poly model and have had no luck. Everytime I open up the obj, fbx, collada file in Maya the uv's are a different shape. Aside from being a much larger scale. it appears as if the camera projection was done from a different angle or camera. -It's just not suitable.

Does anyone have any ideas?
For now I've ended up correcting perspective in Photoshop instead, but this method was going to be better until I found out I couldn't export the results.

'regards
Simmo

oktawu
01-29-2007, 06:21 AM
i'd be interested in a solution to this problem, since what ur doing
is exactly what we're planning to do for an upcoming project.
didnt get the time to test this, but if what ur saying is true, its a major
problem.
anyone out there having any ideas?

mr Bob
01-29-2007, 08:02 PM
From my last experience porting camera data from xsi to maya you had to enter your lens details in maya manually.

B

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2007, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.