PDA

View Full Version : Corel Painter Rotate problem

Tenchi
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
When I use the rotate function, every line, curve that was either straight or curved becomes jagged and distorted until I restore it to 0 degrees rotation.

I have had one reply to this from someone who said this was perfectly fine and common, although I remember watching a Gnomon dvd of someone rotating in Painter and I am sure I did not see the same problem.

So does anyone know if perhaps I need a better graphics card or something else...?

Cheers!

Matt
01-29-2007, 08:46 PM
No, the jagged lines you see are perfectly normal, and they may be worse at higher degrees of rotation.

Future versions of Painter may offer anti-aliasing or better rotation visualizations, but have no fear... This kind of rotation does not alter the image, it only alters the drawing of that image on the screen, and adjusts your wacom or mouse direction to correspond.

That's why you can tilt and draw "jaggy" but when you un-rotate, it looks nice and smooth.

Tenchi
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Cheers Matt... thought I might have to dig out that Gnomon DVD, but it seems a common problem with everyone. Really does grate my nerves, though I still love Painter to bits!

cresshead
01-30-2007, 07:46 AM
not wanting to hi-jack the thread but tvpaint's rotate tool has no jaggies so in the near furute i'd expect painter to overcome this jaggy screenview when rotating.

have alook at tvpaint demo to see what i mean

http://www.tvpaint.com/images/tutos/images_fr/03/rotation.gif

www.tvpaint.com

jedimasterfart
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Odds are, your image is at a very low resolution if the jagged lines are as bad as you say. Try upping your resolution to something over 1500-2000 pixels and yous should be ok. There will always be some distortion, but this should help your problem.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.