PDA

View Full Version : Destruction and deformation of a car

metalrabbit
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm a bit unsure about which questions i'm allowed to ask or not. I've read the forum rules, but it's still a bit unclear to me. Anyway, here goes:

I'm currently working on a project where I'm suppose to destroy a car, in a similar way that Magneto does in x-men 3. Do you guys have any suggestions/tips on how to do that in XSI? I've been playing around with cloth simulations and the standard deformers, but I still don't get it to look right. I have a Maya lab at uni as well, but I'm more used to XSI. I use version 5.11 of xsi and version 7 and 8 of Maya. For compositing I use Shake. I've posted this question on other forums as well, but I haven't got any good answers yet.

Cheers, Ray

Strang
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
i would just use a lattice. and shape animate the lattice. use deformers on the lattice.

something you could do is setup a lowres version of the car. kind of a convex hull. use a really stiff cloth sim and use that as a cage deformer for the car. or even use cage on the lattice. along with some shape animation you can blend between the two.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.