PDA

View Full Version : sketch of a girl

kfc
02-23-2003, 07:12 AM
http://www.splicewarestudios.com/kfc/myheartsings.jpg
well... nothing special here today. just a small sketch (printed in to a card) i did an hour ago to thank a friend. i might going to make a painting out of it. or going to draw a few more pieces of sketch in this style (i followed taiwanese comics/illustration style which is quite popular at the moment).
anyway, hope u guys will love it.
done in photoshop 7.
she's an asian (again). maybe one day i should start looking for other models. LOL...
:D

Fortian
02-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Another beautifull artwork from kfc ... :thumbsup:

However, IMHO, the model isn't beautifull... But, she's surely
shown how exotic asian ladies are ... :)

I see that you've used only photoshop 7... Compared to me,
we're at no difference, except I haven't gat a tablet ... :P

So, kfc, would you mind telling me the basic methods you've used
for that artwork ??? I really Love the style ...

Oh ... and the font ... it's fit perfectly with the picture...

:cool:

aenema
02-23-2003, 11:34 AM
looks very realistic, i love the style :thumbsup:

kfc
02-23-2003, 01:12 PM
thanks fortain and fakie,
well... the method i use is 1st i sketch the rough sketch on paper. only some very rough outlines. then i scan it in to photoshop. paint the dark tones with black and bold brush. doesn't care whether it's accurate or not.
after that, i use white brush to touch up the bigger part to get the lighter part (actually it's high contrast, so there's no point to mention about midtones. but when it comes to real painting. i usually sketch out the midtone at this stage.)
again, touch up with a finer brush only with white and black to get the final detail. all of this took me about an hour.

thanks for telling me that u like the font.
But don't tell me that she's not beautiful~! (better blame it on my skills. :D )
:argh: she'll be in this forum anytime. she'll break my neck if she finds your comment about her. hahaha.... be careful. she knows witchcrafts.

OggieBoogie
02-23-2003, 01:27 PM
beautiful lines kfc, u da man! Must be a very special girl ;)

Cheers!

kfc
02-23-2003, 02:10 PM
yes. she's very special indeed.
just really hope that she can have a happy life in the future.
she has gone thru alot of hard time.
:-p

Xylemman
02-23-2003, 07:36 PM
nice style i like it:applause:
i just bought a tablet few day ago. it is a bit hard to get use to it (may b just for me).
dont u think the proportion of the head is a bit too wide. lol' still a very nice work.

Menge
02-24-2003, 12:31 AM
hey hey!

very nice! i like the lines! the face looks weird (too wide). but then again, if you're using a ref. then it's just okay :P

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kinston
02-25-2003, 09:15 AM
i notice something here kfc, u r like always dealing with girls, and u always draw art work as gift for girl....hehehe ...just kidding .
good work ...

so now all student there also learning painter and photoshop for painting ???...

kfc
02-25-2003, 02:05 PM
i notice something here kfc, u r like always dealing with girls, and u always draw art work as gift for girl....hehehe ...just kidding .

Kinston, I'm not always dealing with gals. it's just that i can't took my eye off beatiful gal. and i don't wanna waste the artwork which i've produced or just throw it a side. Can u stop yourself from sketching pretty gals around u once u know how to do it? i believe u might do the same in spare time. haha...
if not, someday u might gonna do the same when u are really tired of 3d. Now i'm really tired because i'm still working on a project. 4 animated characters fully rendered got to be ready in 10 days. and we only have 4 persons here. :scream:

too bad that it's P&C at the moment.

as for painter. it's just a new subject for illustration student.
DG student might need some time.

wayonCG
02-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Nice works,I like it !

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.