PDA

View Full Version : L Glass

Rumr
01-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Well I have been trying to get some great glass results, Ive heard L glass is the way to go but I cant seem to find out how to install it with just the spdl and the dll file. Can someone help?

http://www.rumr.com/ss/004.jpg << something I made from scratch. I would like to get some fall off shadows or even find out how to give a reflective bounce card a alpha map so it can fade from white to nothing. Mask type.

If anyone can point in me in the right direction that be great. Thanks!

dwigfor
01-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Installing SPDLs are simple.

File/Plugin Manager
under Spdl, pick the location of it, and then just specify where you want it to install (User/Workgroup, etc).

If you haven't created a workgroup, I strongly recommend you doing so. That's easy as well. Also under Plugin Manager is a Workgroup tab. Go there, and then create, and pick the location of where you want your workgroup to be. If you're running multiple computers, you could share that directory, and then point to it from other XSI installs...

dwigfor
01-28-2007, 10:50 AM
It's a little more of a pain to install things into a workgroup, but it's better. Rather than just dragging .xsiaddon's into the viewport, you need to go thru file/addon/install, select the addon, and then switch it to the workpath.

The benefit: When XSI 6.1 comes out, all you need to do is link it to the workgroup directory, and all your old plugins are automatically installed.

Rumr
01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
ok so i got it installed, when i plug the node in it just gives me a solid black material. changed alot of stuff and havnt seen any results change?

DougNicola
01-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Pretty sure this is the missing dlls problem.

See item #24 on this list: http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=14272;start=15

~Doug

bravmm
01-29-2007, 11:48 AM
be sure to have the spdl and dll files in the same folder before installing the spdl. XSI will copy the files to the correct locations. If not, MR will also spit out an error about missing dll's as well.

Rumr
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
thanks alot ill let you know if i get it rocken

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.