PDA

View Full Version : rotate based on particle direction

Gravey
01-28-2007, 06:02 AM
I have a simple scene set up with pflow and afterburn. basically the AB particles are emitted and sped away using 'icon center out'. and there's some drag and a collision object, so its fairly simple. what i need is possibly an expression (or anything method that works) that will let me rotate the afterburn bounding spheres according to the direction they are going and their speed. i want them to roll the opposite way that a ball would roll along the ground.

my knowledge of scripting is still fairly limited when it comes to advanced stuff like this although i'm sure it would be fairly simple for someone more knowledgable

any and all help is appreciated

foane
01-29-2007, 11:36 AM
can't you just play with the Rotation Parameters of your AB spheres (in the AB manager)? You can put a negative rotation value there....

cheers

Gravey
01-31-2007, 12:34 AM
no because it rotates the AB spheres in world space, not on a per particle basis that is dependant on their velocity. i have particles birthing from 1 point, heading out horizontally in all directions

it can be achieved very easily with a spin operator, setting it to speed space follow and the Y value to 1.0 and the X & Z values to 0.0

unfortunatly i dont know of a way to transfer this rotational information to the AB spheres, if it is at all possible

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 12:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.