PDA

View Full Version : Workinprogress

ufukl
01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi

I used this works photoshop cs2. This works work in progress.
I dont find image name yet. I m happy if you give good and usefull ideas about my work.

Regards

ufuk

http://www.izdatabank.com/izdataworks/workinprogres.jpg

mordecaidesign
01-27-2007, 08:44 PM
The composition is looking great, however you might try using a hard brush on your city parts.

The city is looking too soft. A few methods you can try out: Use the marquee or quick-mask mode and paint inside of those to get crisper lines. Or use the vector shape tools in PShop and apply some detail on top of those.

You might also try darkening up that grass a bit. It's not quite matching the setting you have going on with the sky and city. desaturate it and don't be afraid to turn it a shade of blue.

JJASSO
01-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi , well the composition is not working here, it looks you have the image split in two , I mean you have 2 possible focal nodes , I would suggest you draw fisrt some vanishing point lines , so your perspective matches the plate , I think for the upper right city it need to be pushed away with more atmosphere / aereal perspective

go to the tutorials thread in this matte painting forum and check out the "rules for landscape composition " you will find it very useful

Velarion
01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Also you can darken the grassy terrain.It looks too bright now.And for the buildings,either you will use hard brushes and lots of color&shape dynamics,pen dynamics (make the settings on Photoshop brush settings) or you will use the help of 3D models.Just model your structure in your favourite 3d app for the shadow&shape reference.You can paintover for more realistic effect.

And also a very little advice,If I were you I would put the lights of the buildings at the end.I like the color tones in this picture,good luck:thumbsup:

ufukl
01-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for your messages. rules for landscape composition tutorials very usefull . thanks Jamesvfx.

I ll add my improved image coming soon. :))

But I mnot sure yet What need this image?

ufuk

ufukl
02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I updated my work. Pls comment my work.

http://www.izdatabank.com/izdataworks/workinprogress2.jpg

ufukl
02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Pls comments my work. I love matte painting and wanna improve :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.