PDA

View Full Version : Reverse foot rig

lifire
01-27-2007, 08:05 AM
I was trying to create the reverse foot rig explained in the VTM here: http://3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_dl_list.php?c=10 (VTM 6).

I've got a problem when creating an IK Chain Constraint and the control rig. When the character has a control rig input and is active, the IK Chain Constraint from LeftToeBase to LeftToesEnd does not work, even when the constraint it active. If I uncheck active on the control rig (disabling it), then my Ik Chain constraint works, but of course nothing else in the rig does.

So, to get to the point... what might be the reason a control rig does not work with an IK Chain constraint (at the same time)?

On the subject, does anyone use this method? How do you feel about it? Is there an easier/better method for a reverse foot type setup?

Thanks in advance.

bclark
02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
On the subject, does anyone use this method? How do you feel about it? Is there an easier/better method for a reverse foot type setup?

Thanks in advance.

I would not recomend doing it this way, while it can work it breaks the rig and poses and lots of other things that you want to do and most likely why your in motionbuilder in the first palce.

look in to the AUX pivot or Handles instead of the their way of doing the reverse foot.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.