PDA

View Full Version : Another Hairfx quiestion

watto
01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
ok i got the hair to work propperly but the thing is i went and selected the splines which make out the hair and applied a skin wrap to the model so they could stick to the model but its toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much memory problem.

is there a way to make the hair stay combed without having it to skin wrap the splines to the model???

mallika
02-03-2007, 12:01 PM
i m sorry i dont ve a sloution for your priblem but it seems that u have an experience with hair fx i wonder if u can help me i just want to apply hair fx to a model of a teddy bear where i want its tummy to ve white and short hair while the rest of the body have yellow tall hair i dont know how to do this also i dont know how to use the geomtry mat id .plz if u can help or tell me a tutorial for this
thnx a lot

watto
02-04-2007, 05:15 PM
if the hairfx you are talking about is the one that comes with max i dont have that much experience but if it is the one you buy in turbosquid its pretty easy

it depends on how you have mapped your model if you have a bitmap applied with the colors you want just tell the hairfx to use the same material id as the emmitter and apply the material to the hair

and as for the length of the hair you can do a grayscale map in which black is no hair and white is long hair and apply gray in the belly and white in the rest of the model

tis si similar in the hair that comes with max except thar you can cuy the hair whare you want tit short
hpoe that helps out
and another thing use the help files they realy help

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2007, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.