PDA

View Full Version : How to Clone Hierarchy?

Captain
02-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I've seen it done before in video tutorials, and i Can't find it in the manual...how do you clone a Hierarchy...if that doesn't make sence...um...I'll but it this way...I have 3 items One parented to the other for a chain of 3 opjects. I want to clone all 3 objects so I have another set of 3 with all the parenting and what-not...If this still doesn't make sence...ask, I'll try again...

-Captain

Captain
02-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Wait...I found it...

For anyone who was interseted,

Its under the Scene tab in the Generics Pull Down Menu...

*Select Hierarchy
*Clone Hierarchy

-Captain

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 05:56 AM
you can also try this:

http://thespread.topcities.com/FamilyCloneGN.zip

while it has the basic functionality of Clone Hieararchy, it goes past the some of the rudiments. btw, it's free, so no catch there. :D

Triple G
02-23-2003, 09:49 AM
You could also try Super Cloner (http://www.solidwebdesign.co.uk/_host/dugosaurus/resources/lscripts/super_cloner_65b.html). Not sure what the differences are between it and the other plugs mentioned, but it works well enough for me. :)

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Triple G
You could also try Super Cloner (http://www.solidwebdesign.co.uk/_host/dugosaurus/resources/lscripts/super_cloner_65b.html). Not sure what the differences are between it and the other plugs mentioned, but it works well enough for me. :)

i'm not sure about the most current version of super cloner has, but FamilyCloneGN allows you to select multiple heirarchies and clone them at one go. but more importantly, FamilyCloneGN allows you also to formate (or array) your cloned heirarchies or existing objects.

this isnt a plug for my own lscript: i dont get nuthin from it. :D

Bytehawk
02-23-2003, 02:21 PM
the big question is ....
if you clone a hierarchy and expressions are attached to it,
will the cloned hierarchy have the expressions changed so it doesn't mess up

if you know what i'm trying to say

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
the big question is ....
if you clone a hierarchy and expressions are attached to it,
will the cloned hierarchy have the expressions changed so it doesn't mess up

if you know what i'm trying to say

ah.. now that's a good feature request. no cloner i know does this... btw, does the native clone command in layout do this? it doesnt seem so... hmm..

it will be mighty hard thing to revise though, because of all the possible permutations. but i'll keep that in the list. :)

VirtualFM
02-24-2003, 01:26 PM
That multiple hierarchy thing is a nice feature that I didn't know of! Nice, Lernie!

Well, I am an adept of Super Cloner myself. It mirrors the hierarchy, adds sufixes etc. It's great to mirror bones hierarchies in Layout

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.