PDA

View Full Version : I may be taken the lazy way out.

n0s4ra2
01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi

I may be taking the lazy way out. By asking my questions without fully researching them. But if you would help me out I appreciate it.

I am interested in Vue 6 Xstream. I have some questions.

1—can I upgrade from 5?

2—can I render my image in lightwave?

3—can I render ecosystems in lightwave?

4—I used to create poser content. Can it still open poser files? If so can I pose the figures directly in vue?

5—how well does vue 6 handle displacement maps?

Thanks

mwalter1
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
1. Yes - check e-on's site for pricing. Sit down when you see the price. It's rather expensive in my view.

2. Yes, once you have Xtream - but the Vue parts will still use the Vue render engine.

3. Yes, see #2.

4. Yes - just save as pz3 and import that into Vue. Works great!

5. Displacement works great, but it does increase render times.

n0s4ra2
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks

Is that a yes to can I pose the figures directly in vue? Also

Thanks a bunch

phamarus
01-26-2007, 05:23 PM
hmm...what I have heard... the xstream plugin doesn´t support poser scenes..so that can be an issue...infinite does thou...
Maybe Im wrong?

mwalter1
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I should be more specific - you need Vue 6 Infinite PLUS the Xtream plug-in to get the full benefits. That way you have full eco-system editing and poser import. Not sure how e-on sells it though - not sure if you can buy the plug-in only unless you already have Vue 6 Infinite. Posing figures inside of Vue takes a lot of system resources. Not worth it in my work-flow.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.