PDA

View Full Version : Walk cycle

staffan_054830912
01-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Hello everybody!

This is the first time I post a WIP here at CGTalk. I've made a character i Cinema 4D and animated a walk cycle in Motionbuilder. It would be very interesting to know what you think about it. Here (http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=27136)it is!

/Staffan

Amit_S
01-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Hye Staffan

Is it possible for you to post a side and front view? It'll be more easier to point your mistakes that way

I'm note sure about these things cause of the angle but here goes:

1.When he landing on is foot-it kindda looks like he is kicking out the leg. The leg comes up nice and slowly -which is good. then it kicks out instead of dopping down. That kind of gives this a stop jerk motion.

2.Are you trying to make this as cartoony as possible or just a generic cycle? Either way he can do with more exagerration- more up, more down, more hip sway-more everything.

3.I love the way uíve done those subtle things like changing the angle of the foot- but its too fast.

4.When he is landing , his front leg should be a little more out- on the passing position.

5.Hip sway looks good but cant say anything from this angle.

5.His upper arms are barely moving! Though I like the follow through attempt. But his wrist seems all wrong.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2007, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.