PDA

View Full Version : why motion builder doesnt support

FurkanWahab
01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Heloo every one , well i m newbea in motion builder and i got some problem and that was first i made my rig in Maya and exported into fbx format and imported in to motionbuilder but prbolem is that my character was not a single mesh means head was seperate , shoes were separate etc so when i imported into motion builder ,it wasnt make characterized due to different meshes is anyone know its solution ?

waiting :-(

colkai
01-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Can't speak for Maya as I don't use it.

However ,within LW, if my model is across several layers, I have to ensure each ayer has "use bones from..." set to point to the layer with the rig in to ensure the final output is seen my MB to be a "single" mesh".

Maybe something like that in Maya as regards skinning / rigging?

lifire
01-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Is all the geometry bound or parented to at least one bone in the skeleton hierachy? Make sure the skeleton is one solid hierachy and not broken.

I don't know about deforming objects, but I usually bring in my characters with seperate eye/clothing geometry and it still lets me characterize.

FurkanWahab
01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
yeh i skinned my whole geometry but its not a single mesh it had seperate geometry and i dont know why its not working proper in motion builder and i cant parent my meshes with my skeleton because it will be deforming when my charater move :-(

lifire
01-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Do you have the most recent .fbx plugin?

FurkanWahab
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
i have no idea but where can i get fbx latest plugin ?

lifire
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=7851647

xcomb
01-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Try deleting history without deleting deformation, i've had that happen many times, i also use multy mesh character.
Make sure you don't have hidden blendshapeps, or wrap deformers.

FurkanWahab
01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
ahan thanks alot lifire (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=222504) vbmenu_register("postmenu_4163604", true);
for giving me the link i hope it would be helpful for my problem

and xcomb i didnt get ur point could u plz explain me in detail ?

thanks in advanced :-)

xcomb
01-31-2007, 06:45 AM
Sometimes it may happen, when you load character in MB from Maya, with lots of history tweaks or whatever, it explodes in MB.
The way i get around this, when you go over to delete history, there is also called i believe delete history without deformation, something like that, i don't have Maya open right now.
So that way you won't delete history of your skin deformation, but all the rest.

FurkanWahab
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
ahan thanks i will definately try thanks alot once again :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.