PDA

View Full Version : aim at constraint


Nonproductive
02-22-2003, 05:31 PM
What would prevent me from creating an aim-at constraint between two bones? For the life of me I can't figure out why A:M won't let me do it...

I've linked to the v10 project file(9k) - I'm trying to create an aim at from Bone4 to LagBone1 and another one from Bone3 to LagBone2

http://www.nonproductive.net/ext-linked/Testing_Lag_Constraints-tail.prj

any ideas?

JTalbotski
02-22-2003, 07:26 PM
It's gotta be a bug. I couldn't do it either. Report it!

My Fault
02-22-2003, 08:12 PM
I can do it in v10 and 10.5 if I create a new Pose. When I download your file and try it in the action you have up, then I have the same problem you have and can't do it.

So it definitely seems like a bug but I was able to work around it by doing it in a Pose.

Nonproductive
02-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks very much for looking at it, guys!

I sent it off to Steve as a bug..I also recreated the project and it seemed to work. So...either I did something different the 1st time through or v10g is corrupting project files :( Hopefully the former.

Natess44
02-22-2003, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't call it a bug but I'd say your project file got corrupted somewhere along the way before you noticed the bug.
Did you first make the project in an older version of A:M, v9.5 or an older version of 10??

Nonproductive
02-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Nopers. I uninstalled A:M 9.5 many months ago and only recently reinstalled after Hash graciously upgraded me free of charge.

I re-did the project 4 or 5 more times and found that if I set the translate contstraints 1st I could not set the Aim At constraints...if I did the Aim At's 1st I could set them fine.

Need to test it some more...there's a bug itching to get out there somewhere. :scream:

Natess44
02-23-2003, 12:48 AM
That needs to be fixed :)

Nonproductive
02-23-2003, 03:27 AM
Still trying to pin down exact steps to repeat the error... I've sent Steve the project I attached here but I think there is more to it and, unfortunately, it seems to be more sporadic than I thought.

Follow up: I got it to be repeatable and sent it off to Steve. It's wierd but it only works adding the constraints in a certain order. Hopefully a bug and not "as intended."

Also found a small display error with the scale manipulator (bad string for tooltip) that I sent as well...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.