PDA

View Full Version : No Rigging guys here?

norvman
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm amazed with all the talk of how wonderfull XSI is in Rigging and Animation I don't see a single XSI competitor in the Rigging Challenge...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=216

What gives?

:shrug:

JDex
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm amazed with all the talk of how wonderfull XSI is in Rigging and Animation I don't see a single XSI competitor in the Rigging Challenge...

What gives?

Sorry... got my rigging guys and girls on deadlines. :D

T4D
01-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry... got my rigging guys and girls on deadlines. :D

Yep

XSI = Working Artist :D

IMO that's the reason the whole community is totally different over here :thumbsup:

withanar
01-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Here, just not interested. :twisted:

pooby
01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
I would have entered if I wasn't busy, and if it was something particularly interesting like rigging a realisticly deforming neck with fat and sliding jaw skin.

Standard Warrior babe-rigs aren't my thing.

Sbowling
01-25-2007, 03:22 AM
People who do this stuff for a living usually have little time or reason to get involved in these things. These are really more interesting to people who feel a need to prove themselves in some way or are tring to get a job.

ThE_JacO
01-25-2007, 04:17 AM
I would have joined if it wasn't that I have a job, took a month off, was busy jumping off choppers and generally snowboarding in the alps, have two forums to take care of, have a social life, read one or two books a week, tend to work on experimantal projects at home (rather then doing over and over something I already know fairly well how to do), and still have zelda on the wii to play.

there's only 28hrs in a TD's day.

shadowedge
01-25-2007, 12:09 PM
In my case, we have work comming in every day. Work that last for days on end....

I manage to finish an occational model or pet project by working through multiple spare time breaks... didn't really get that far :bounce:

But you know what? thanks for pointing this out... I just might try rigging something in the near future... :love:

norvman
01-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Ha! well cool... at least I got some responses on this post...

Thanks for responding...

and I understand being too busy...

just thought that a community like this would be into doing something for the 'development' I doubt that anything in 3D will ever remain static...
I figure once you know it all ... your soon to get surpassed...

but if your steadily working your practicing it anyway so you don't need any more challenges than you all ready have...

:thumbsup::wise::deal:

withanar
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Honestly, while I enjoy problem solving to no end, and I enjoy doing CG work, and for as many rigs as I've built over the years, I still consider it to be hard work. It takes quite a bit of impetus to get over that inertial hump and actually rig something well.

Every day of my job is a rigging competition, me against the clock, and against the odds. Fortunately, at the end of the job contest there's a steady paycheck.

ShadowM8
01-26-2007, 02:05 AM
I just don't think the format and task of the challange is at all enticing to spend my time on it. I'd rather spend the little time I have an do a lighting challenge!
And I also haven't noticed the challenge untill JDex mentioned it on the base.

mdee
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM

What gives?

I have to rig around 20 characters soon, won't even mention the deadline. I win my payslip tho ;).
If I have any time at home, after playing with my child, reading, playing certain computer game from time to time and playing guitar (note the word - playing ;) ), I work on my 10th generation spine rig (not perfect still, hehe) or just animate silly stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.