PDA

View Full Version : hotkey'ing extender

mage111
02-22-2003, 06:16 AM
hey all, dont mean to repost something that may have been posted (didnt find anything under search)

basically, im trying to bind extender to a key seeing as its basically the only thing im learning to use atm (its funn as hell :D)

yeah yeah ima noob, could yah tell?

any help would be most appreciated, if you can help me out, feel free to flame my newbige ;-)

Thanks in advance, love the board, great place

mage111
02-22-2003, 06:28 AM
bah, my bad, earlier today i looked for the hotkey menu, but i made my way to to user commands (oh how close was i :O)

anyways, to save the trouble of another person asking this question in the future.

its in

modeler>options>keyboard shortcuts (or alt-f9)
in additional commands in the main window set of keys, you'll find extender there...

now that i feel stupid i can go off and make myself look more stupid trying to model this tank lol

locking too to save myself any flamage :p

edit: err can a mod lock it, or delete it if you feel it dont belong on the board. dont matter to me lol:bounce:

wgreenlee1
02-22-2003, 06:45 AM
If these kinda questions were deleted the would only be about 10% left.LOL!

I dont even want to get into 'my' first questions.:cool:

mage111
02-22-2003, 07:07 AM
im taking a web design course at a community college, so ummm, ive probably seen and helped people with worse questions then just "how do i open lightwave"... "double click the icon on your desktop... no wait that'll cause windows to crash. goto start>run and type in C:\program files\LightWave_3D_7.0\Programs\Modeler.exe, now make sure from now on you open programs like this or windows will crash and you will lose information from various directories on your hardrive without any knowledge."
(no that hasnt worked yet, but i wish it had, im running out of time these people are getting smart(er))

"i opened lightwave, but wheres my lord of the rings model i need to make it fly on a space ship"..."firstly, wrong program 2, lord of the rings dont have space ships, they have ford focus's, you just dont see them using it because they couldnt ever get them far enough on set before they broke down"..."oh and your in layout"

"whats a layout"... "its a computer slang term for Logistics animation yaw overlaying unnessary transitional-characteristics"

"right, whats that"..."layout"

"ohhhh, i see, thanks"

LyonHaert
02-22-2003, 08:54 AM
hahahaha

btw, you'll probably want to replace Extender with Poz Extender soon (search on flay.com) :beer:

mage111
02-22-2003, 08:59 AM
wow thanks lyon!

ive already run into a couple of the problems listed on the info page of it.

and i just saw the gif animation on the site :O! wikkid.

thanks again lol im laughing in happyness :D

mage111
02-22-2003, 09:04 AM
to add to the flay website.

because im new to alot of this alot of terms im unfamiliar with.

i was looking for a plugin for snapping points together (i dont know if LW supports snap to nereby points as you drag points over one another). so i did a search under "snap" and came up with quite a few results, but im unsure of what one to use

off the top of your head (or anyone reading and caring to reply) do you know of a plugin that could assist me in this?

rickycox
02-22-2003, 09:05 AM
I've got a list of some other useful modeling Plugs on this page http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/page09.htm

mage111
02-22-2003, 09:11 AM
thanks alot riki

i really gotta get to bed now lol,

PS. because of this board, ive now made another 9 bookmarks tonight alone lol, thanks guys, appreciate it

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.