PDA

View Full Version : 2Bots1box Short Animation

Fluw
01-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone:

I'm creating this thread to present to you all, my designs and my ideas. The enviroment where this story develops is kind of a white dimension with no one or not to many things in it. The idea is, two robots and 1 box, the curiosity of finding what is in the box, lead to this robot run into each other. this short is like life to me, It does not make sense at all, but is fun to live it. here are some pictures of the characters

Fluw
01-24-2007, 02:24 PM
more pictures of the characters

Fluw
01-25-2007, 12:25 AM
here is the Animatic i'm still working in the time and the sound, but you can have an idea of what the story is about
Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xxu28OB2ak

Here is the title sequence for the short it still need some changes but is pretty much what i want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe1rHcDMOG4

Fluw
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Everyone I'm back after few weeks working on the animation. Here is what i got, please i need some feedback so i can get a good animation.
Thank's
here is the link to the playblast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NfsjHatfOs

Humorous03
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
The walking part looks ok, but it looks like the robot's head passes through the box's side when he gets sucked into it.

Fluw
02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Thank's humorous I'll work on that

snovak
02-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey Bud,

It's lookin good. One thing that kinda sticks out in the animation is the hand movements. When the robot is easing forward to look into the box, I can really see the IK in action.. The hands move forward with noticable pauses. I'd just try to smooth those curves out a bit. That's a pretty complex movement. But, I think you're doing a fine job working it out. The walk cycle is very robot like, if that's what you're going for. I notice some foot sliding here and there though. It's lookin good! keep it up. I gotta run. more later..

Fluw
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
i'll work on that! thank's for telling me. Do you have any tutorial in how to make the animation in motionbuilder? I watch the one that you did which is pretty good. But you don't explain the actual anymation.

snovak
02-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't, unfortunately. I've been trying to transition to Blender a lot as of late. I probably wouldn't concentrate on Motionbuilder much recently, because Blender doesn't output FBX. Chances are, though, that there will be a plugin in the near future. Blender is having a large growth spurt. I'd be happy to show you some of the features of Motionbuilder in class. The previous tutorial should at least get your model rigged in Motionbuilder. If you can get your bot to that point. I'll show you what I know during or after class. Much of my Motionbuilder knowledge comes from tuorials on 3dbuzz.com. I'll have to dig through some of my files to find other tutorials that I followed.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2007, 12:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.